Purpose of Round 1
1. To select up to 12 teams as semifinalists who will proceed to the round 2 of the case competition held on November 15th, 2015.
2. Pre-selection also provides an opportunity to participants to better understand the background of the business case provided by our case sponsor, LIXIL Corporation (http://global.lixil.co.jp/).
The organizers believe Round 1 will help to ensure the quality and fairness of the competition.
Overview of Round 1 Schedule
- Aug.1st Registration opens
- Sep. 30th Registration closes (23:59 JST)
- Oct. 1st Round 1 assignment will be distributed to all teams registered (00:15 JST).
- Oct. 13th Round 1 assignment submission deadline (23:59 JST✳︎)
- Oct. 20th List of teams proceeding to Round 2 released.
- Oct. 20th Round 2 Case and directions distributed to semi-finalists
✳︎ The response to the Round 1 assignment may be submitted at any time between October 1st and October 13th.
The participants must submit a response paper to the pre-selection topic, which will be released to all registered teams on October 1st at 00:15 JST. The format of the paper is as follows.
Paper format and submission
- Page Size: A4
- Font: Arial, 12pt
- Spacing: Double Spaced
- Margins: 1 inch, 2.54 cm
- File format: PDF to insure formatting.
- Citation Formatting: APA
The response must be created by using MS Word, or a similar word processing program. The main body of the response must no more than four pages in length. Charts and graphs which support the response paper are acceptable as appendices, and can be cited within the paper. All sources must be referenced within the paper using APA formatting. The works cited page will not be included in the main body page count.
The appendices must be within maximum of 5 pages, and each page can include a maximum of 2 graphs or tables. If a team wishes, they can use PowerPoint or similar programs to create their appendices, and should save the file as a PDF to include 2 slides per page. Appendices can be submitted as a separate file.
Please name your files as follows: “response_####.pdf” & “appendix_####.pdf”, where #### is the four digit entry number given to you when your team registers for Round 1. Also, include the four digit entry number in the header of each page for both the response paper and the appendix file.
DO NOT write down the school name, members’ name, nor put any logos that represent your school on the response paper or appendices.
The file(s) must be submitted to email@example.com by the due date, October 13th, 23:59 JST. Overdue submissions will not be accepted under any circumstance.